JAKARTA, Indonesia – Police said Wednesday (April 17th) that a bomb threat called in Tuesday evening forced officials to conduct a security sweep of Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, local media reported.
Jakarta Police spokesman Rikwanto said a caller phoned a hotline number claiming a bomb had been placed in a fast food restaurant in a specific terminal, according to The Jakarta Globe. The spokesman added that the cybercrime unit is tracing the number. "This can be classified as an act of terror. He should be charged."
Rikwanto added that anyone who calls police with hoaxes can be charged with disturbing the peace and comfort in public places, detikNews reported.