June 06, 2013
POSO, Indonesia – Police in Central Sulawesi said Tuesday (June 4th) that the suicide bomber who made it into the Poso Police compound on Monday was not among the 20 terror suspects on their most-wanted list, local media reported.
"He is a new player and his terrorist network remains unknown," Central Sulawesi Police spokesman Soemarno said in Palu, according to The Jakarta Post.
Earlier, National Police spokesman Suhardi Alius suggested the bomber may have been terror fugitive Basri, an accomplice of East Indonesia Mujahideen leader and fugitive Santoso Basri, who was previously sentenced to 19 years in prison for mutilating three students, escaped from Central Sulawesi's Ampana Penitentiary in April.
Meanwhile in Jakarta, the National Police released a description of the bomber, including his height, approximate age, hair and skin colour, according to Tempo, along with a description of the motorcycle he rode into the compound before detonating the bomb.
"We have already taken a sample of his DNA. Anyone who claims to know the family is expected to come to give information," National Police spokesman Boy Rafli Amar said Tuesday, according to detikNews.